The Safety and Health Review Commission is an independent administrative adjudicatory body created by North Carolina General Statute § 95-135 to hear contestments of citations, penalties, and abatement periods issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Division of the North Carolina Department of Labor. The review by the Commission is a two tiered process with an evidentiary hearing held by Administrative Hearing Examiners throughout the state. Decisions of the Administrative Hearing Examiners may then be appealed to the three member Commission which is appointed by the Governor. The Board's decision may be appealed first to the Superior Court and then to the North Carolina Court of Appeals and finally to the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Helpful Links and Other State Agencies
- OSH Review Commission Remote Courtroom
- File a Complaint with OSH--NC Dept of Labor
- Report a Workplace Accident--NC Dept of Labor
- Report a Work-Related Injury--NC Industrial Commission
- North Carolina OSH Act--NCGS § 95-126, Article 16
- Establishment Search Page | Occupational Safety and Health Administration (osha.gov)